Thursday Update





Britney, what have you been up to these last few weeks?


Honestly, I'm recovering from rejections.

Yup. I said it, r-e-c-o-v-e-r-i-n-g. 

You'd think, at this point, I'd be a tough cookie with skin thicker than leather. What's one rejection compared to the million other ones? It's all the same, right?

Exactly. It's all the same, and what sucks is that it is, indeed, a rejection. And I don't care how much anyone sugar coats it, a rejection is still a rejection and it hurts. Because no matter how hard you try, there's always someone telling you that you're not good enough. It's not right for them at the time, or he/she doesn't feel like they're the right agent.

It's a rejection. It hurts.

But I'm not going to give up. I've never been the one to throw in the towel. Ha, I guess I'm addicted to those love/hate relationships.

I must stay hopeful to survive in the business.


Other than that, I've done some painting. I haven't touched a paintbrush in years, so it felt so good to exercise other talents.





























I've also been doing some good old fashioned letter writing.
Knowing me, I probably shouldn't be writing anyone any letters--especially boys and non writers. (No offense to the guys reading this.)

But sometimes, those two specific types of people don't get it, nor do they understand. And I'm just like, "Don't over-think it, just read the words! Let them sink into you. Breathe them in..."

    Then I realize that I'm just some poetic, love-struck, twenty something year-old who's obsessed with     her own words and how romantic they can be.

    More or less, I need to stay away from words.

    Yet, here I am, writing another blog post.


    Also, I can't find my Ipod, so . . . yeah.


    Welp, that's all for today, ya'll.

    Happy Writing Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Book Process: Rejections From Publishing Houses

What does rejection feel like while on submission? It's completing a 5k in record time and then realizing that you've only ju...