The Book Life








Hello, blog world,

Today, my friends, is a BIG day for me.

But before I get into that, let me share a little bit about myself.


My name is Britney.

I am a city girl, born and raised in the good ol' Kansas City, KS. (However, I've always dreamed of being a country girl . . .)

I like music....like alot! And I sing in the shower.

I prefer cold tea over coffee.

I am twenty years old, and I am an active student in college who has changed her major more times than I can count.

I am a writer.

I love writing more than I love sleeping--not kidding.

And I could probably watch movies all day.

But, moving on. The reason this day is such a big deal is that I've sent out four queries!


Now, if you're unfamiliar with a query, a query is basically a blurb of your book (you usually find this on the inside jacket or the back cover of a novel.)
If you've ever experienced the querying process, then you know how nerve-racking it can be.
This is the second book I've queried, and right now, I'm trying my absolute best not to poop my pants.
I hate waiting.
And these agents probably won't get back to me for weeks.
So how do I kill the time?
I create another blog. (Yes, I said another one.)
Again, I love to write!

That's all for today's post!
I will be updating soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Book Process: Rejections From Publishing Houses

What does rejection feel like while on submission? It's completing a 5k in record time and then realizing that you've only ju...